My gearbox shop diagnosed the rear differential as beginning to wear, but they said it is not yet dangerously noisy, so I took it there.
I was hoping someone might know of a shop that rebuilds or fixes this model because my wife wants to keep the car. The mechanic I took it to said they couldn't fix it because the vehicle is so old and parts are so hard to come by.
Due to the lack of a warranty, I am hesitant to purchase used differentials from eBay.
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2026
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2026
Give this a go
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2026
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2026
Much obliged. Plus, it's not too far to the store.
Their total quote for a bare diff was £595 (they only rebuild; they don't remove) in case anyone is curious.
Their total quote for a bare diff was £595 (they only rebuild; they don't remove) in case anyone is curious.