WIN 2 Tickets to Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show, 5-6 March 2016

Please post any local, national or international MG news, races, exhibitions, shows and events here!
MGB
Site Admin

WIN 2 Tickets to Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show, 5-6 March 2016

Post by MGB » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:58 pm

practical_classic_competition2016.jpg
Practical Classics 2016
practical_classic_competition2016.jpg (45.3 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
MG Car Forum in partnership with Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show are offering our forum members the chance to win 2 free tickets to the NEC Birmingham 2016 event!

To be in with a chance of winning simply reply to this forum post with your Make/Model of MG Car and the location of your favourite place to drive it.

All the forum members leaving a reply will be entered into our draw. All replies/entries need to be posted by 25/02/2016.

Below is more information about the show:
FROM RUST TO RICHES AT NEC’S PRACTICAL CLASSICS RESTORATION AND CLASSIC CAR SHOW

From rusty wrecks to stunning cars worth a fortune, the Practical Classics Restoration and Classic Car Show, held at Birmingham’s NEC on 5-6 March, has it all with over 700 classics cars on display.

With displays from 120 car clubs, motoring celebrities including Wheeler Dealers’ Mike Brewer and Edd China and For the Love of Cars’ Ant Anstead, and expert advice and demonstrations, it’s a haven for anyone who likes working on their car, especially those thinking of restoring a classic back to its former glory.

You can also see the latest restored cars in the Lancaster Insurance Pride of Ownership display if you are looking for inspiration but if you want to hear how these cars should sound, then take a Dream Ride with our friends from the Sporting Bears.

Dream Rides offer a ten mile ride as a passenger in one of the cars from the Dream Rides Garage in exchange for a donation to charity. The car you chose will determine the size of your donation and with a mix of marques from British Sports to Italian supercars, there will be plenty to chose from.

There will also be the UK’s biggest display of barn finds with over 25 discoveries, found in various states of repair including an Aston Martin DB2, E-Type Jaguar and even a 1909 Holman Highwheeler.

If you are in the market for a project or new classic car, Silverstone Auctions will gather the best the market has to offer for its one-day auction while the UK’s best dealers offer classics to suit all depths of pockets.

Speak to enthusiasts who are showcasing their ‘Work in Progress’ projects as well as those who have two models on display – a ‘Before and After’. Then there are those cars that have never been restored and remain ‘The Originals’.

As well as more classes for novices and masterclasses for those looking to enhance their skills in the Workshop, more special guests on the live stage and more seminars offering expert advice, there’ll also be more traders with marque specific retailers on offer including the UK’s biggest Spring autojumble.

The 2016 Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show will be held from on 5th and 6th March at Birmingham’s NEC with tickets now on sale. For more information as well as all the ticket prices and booking details, visit visit http://www.necrestorationshow.com

rooster

Re: WIN 2 Tickets to Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show, 5-6 March 2016

Post by rooster » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:00 pm

MGB Roadster 1978 "Miggy". Favourite drive A5 through Llangollen then onto A494 to Bala lake.

Welsh Drifter

Re: WIN 2 Tickets to Practical Classics Restoration & Classic Car Show, 5-6 March 2016

Post by Welsh Drifter » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm

I have an MG ZT and my favorite road is the A4212 Trawswfynydd to Bala in Wales.This road has some of the most beautiful scenery with Snowdonia in the backround.
Definitely most suited to an open top classic on a nice day!

rockdemon

Post by rockdemon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 pm

My little red MGF is my favourite MG, and my favourite road to drive is the B4391 between festiniog and llyn celyn - do like a foss way run south from hinckley in my early rover p6 v8 too...

VFK44

Post by VFK44 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:40 pm

I've always wanted a tatty but reliable MG Midget that you can just jump in and drive without worrying about polishing it, and there were loads around when I was a kid. Seeing the A-H Sprite on TV in "Harry O" reinforced this. I've got the modern equivalent instead - a 25 year old MX5 .

When I drive to my Mum's, from Epping to Upminster in Essex, I zig-zag through a series of country lanes and love the spurt of gravel as I pull away from junctions and the tactile feel of the wheel as I thread my way from village to village. I think the only part that even has a road name is the B175.

Stephen

prophets73

Post by prophets73 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:07 pm

For me it's the MGC straight-6 taking the windy roads through the Peak District.

MGB
Site Admin

Post by MGB » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Thank you for your entries and we have now selected our winner and emailed them the great news!

For everyone else please remember you can still purchase advance tickets to the Practical Classics Restoration & Car Show on their website at: http://www.necrestorationshow.com/ticke ... t-packages

Thanks once again and we hope you all enter our future competitions! :D

Return to “MG Car Shows, News & Events”