MGB GT engine swap

Nevermind model-specific, this forum is car-specific!! Please start a thread for your car and anything related to it. The history of an MG, its rebuild, its drivers or anything related to your car or a well-known MG car. Users must only discuss one car per thread here.
Stenhouse

MGB GT engine swap

Post by Stenhouse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:00 pm

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a garage that could carry out an engine swap on my RB 1975 MGB GT?
After much deliberation I would like to go down one of three routes:
1. 1.8 k series vvc
2. Mazda 1.8 vvt
3. Zetec 2l

There is plenty of info available on all of these swaps. What I'm struggling to find is a garage that can help with this sort of work. Frontline is out of budget sadly!

Can anyone help?

I am based in West London. Thanks

Not_Anumber

Re: MGB GT engine swap

Post by Not_Anumber » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:50 pm

If no suggestions have been made since January it could be well worth you carrying out the conversion yourself.

Work out your shopping list for each of the options. Cost out each of them

For each option work out what bodywork and other mods you may need to carry out on the car (other than bits that don't just bolt on) Get these costed out.

Decide how much work you are able to do yourself & find someone local who can give you a hand.

Make your decision.

Find somewhere off road you can work on the car. A portable garage/ gazebo will help if you dont have an undercover space.

Check what tools you will need to buy and borrow.

Start ordering everything you need and get ready to start work.

Return to “Your MGs / Specific MG Cars”