Our little Midget Project!

Nevermind model-specific, this forum is car-specific!! Please start a thread for your car and anything related to it. The history of an MG, its rebuild, its drivers or anything related to your car or a well-known MG car. Users must only discuss one car per thread here.
JanB750

Our little Midget Project!

Post by JanB750 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Wheels-1 (800x533).jpg
Wheels After powdercoat
Wheels-1 (800x533).jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
Hi All,
Just thought I would share a few pics of our little Midget project after she is now . After many years in abandoned in someones garage, we 'rescued her' with the intent on just tidying her up and enjoying driving! But after careful consideration decided that we would strip her completely, just leaving the shell and get her back to bare metal . This has taken more hours than we anticipated (many more!) and many times we felt like giving up , it has driven us mad with frustration :evil: but at last we feel we are winning and she is now gradually being put back together :) So much for having her ready for this summer !! Never mind , we intend to take her for a drive as soon as we can if we get the odd kind day to us during the winter ! Engine is now back in , now to add all pipes etc and start her up for the first time (hopefully) , dash is in together with all the wiring and lights. We have done all the work ourselves apart from getting a friend to sandblast the wheels and powder coat them ( we have to add the black to the wheels) . We have cleaned up parts that we could and spent plenty on buying replacement parts . Will add some pics of her as she was!
Attachments
After Paint.jpg
Afterpaint
After Paint.jpg (87.07 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
Engineafter.jpg
Engine after clean
Engineafter.jpg (103.68 KiB) Viewed 6887 times

JanB750

Our little Midget before the renovation

Post by JanB750 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Here are a few pics of our midget before we started work on her. Tried to get used to the Citron colour but wanted a change and finally picked on Inca Yellow :D
Attachments
Thedaywepickedherup.jpg
Thedaywepickedherup.jpg (43.8 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
Wheelbeforepaint.jpg
Wheelbeforepaint.jpg (59.59 KiB) Viewed 6884 times
Enginebefore.jpg
Enginebefore.jpg (86.2 KiB) Viewed 6884 times

jonahnaylor

Re: Our little Midget Project!

Post by jonahnaylor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:29 pm

She's going to be completely worth all the work by the look of it :D

And those wheels make me really want to get mine done in the same way!

What a fantastic paint job too, I also prefer the colour now. I bet you can't wait to get driving the (like-new!!!) car?
--
Yorkshire website design, domain registrations & hosting:
https://www.yorkshire.hosting

adamliptrot

Post by adamliptrot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Great colour choice if I might say :)
Getting my Rostyles blasted and powder coated is on my list of things to spend money on. I originally painted mine, but managed to omit the rust converter step, so now all mine have rust coming through again.

(BTW, just reply to this topic with any more posts rather than starting a new thread, that way people just have one page to look for updates to this cool little car!)
More about my B: http://www.incayellow.com

MGB
Site Admin

Post by MGB » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:55 pm

adamliptrot wrote:(BTW, just reply to this topic with any more posts rather than starting a new thread, that way people just have one page to look for updates to this cool little car!)
Posts now merged into one topic.

JanB750

Post by JanB750 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 pm

Getting the wheels sand blasted and powder coated was definatly the best choice and I would definatly recommend it! ( we were lucky, got a discount as the chap is in the same kit car club as John :-) ) We tried to clean them back ourselves but was never going to be great so powder coating it was! :)

Return to “Your MGs / Specific MG Cars”