MG 1100 Pre production Please help!

Nevermind model-specific, this forum is car-specific!! Please start a thread for your car and anything related to it. The history of an MG, its rebuild, its drivers or anything related to your car or a well-known MG car. Users must only discuss one car per thread here.
MG1100

MG 1100 Pre production Please help!

Post by MG1100 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello everyone would anyone be so kind to help me with my Mg 1100?

The story goes, I bought an early Mg 1100 for spares and repairs. The body shell is quite solid but the work needed is the floors, sills and boot floor. I have not got any history with the car only the logbook, but as I was finding out more information about the car it appears to be a BMC pre production car, as the chassis number ends in (100) the first production MG 1100 started (101). The logbook matches up as well. Looking at the car it does seem to have been re shelled as it has a later body shell more like 1965-66. Im guessing the original body shell had been scrapped or written off then the documentation was transferred to this body shell. The car had been broken for spares so I have only got the body shell and the logbook but the shell is on its subframes and wheels. The question is does anyone know the history of the car? I would like to know how to value the car. I would say the value of the car is its chassis number and logbook. Would it be classed as a prototype?

Registration is: 588 SFC

Look Forward to chatting to you all.

Thank you

Dario

Return to “Your MGs / Specific MG Cars”