Classic MG advise

Please post anything MG related that doesn't belong in the other model-specific forums.
richroof

Classic MG advise

Post by richroof » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello all

I am looking for a bit of advice finding a new home for a classic MG that has been in a relatives garage for over 50 years.
The relative is recently deceased and I am trying to find the car a new home.
The car is a very rare 1937 SA Charlesworth . I don't think many of these were made before the outbreak of WW2.
It was bought on the 40's and used a daily runabout. I have pictures of it running. Unfortunately it was then garaged and has not been used or ran in 50 years. Its condition is now poor and in need of a full restoration. I have included a few pictures.
The car is still in the original garage in the north east of England. However the house is soon to be sold.

Not being a classic car man I have no idea how much it is worth. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Richard
Attachments
Car 1a.jpg
Car 1a.jpg (54.84 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
log book2a.jpg
log book2a.jpg (59.83 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
running 1.jpg
running 1.jpg (34.94 KiB) Viewed 1059 times

Not_Anumber

Re: Classic MG advise

Post by Not_Anumber » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:25 pm

First off contact the DVLA / VOSA to see if the car can be registered / registration refreshed on a V5 whilst retaining it's current registration. Its not a show stopper if not as you can apply for an age related number. Either way you will attract more interest from buyers if this can be taken car of prior to it's sale as it avoids an uncertain outcome.

xKaiHolt

Re: Classic MG advise

Post by xKaiHolt » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 am

My thoughts are with you and your family.

This is certainly a nice little piece of history you have hidden away in your garage here. I can't offer much advice on this but I do hope you can find this motor a suitable new home and make someone else happy with it.

All the best,

Kai

Return to “MG General Chat”