Sebring project

MGB discussion board for Roadster and GT classic car models.
Blue

Sebring project

Post by Blue » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Hello to you all.

My name is Ian.

I have never owned an MG - but I grew up travelling around in them most every day. Also being taken in and out of the factory on Saturdays or out on road tests etc.

I am looking to try and get some help if I can as I have a bit of a plan. I am looking to get a cheap doner car and then make a Sebring bodied car out of it. Can any one direct me to any literature or previous projects please?

Thank you very much.

nomisegdelp

Re: Sebring project

Post by nomisegdelp » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:24 am

The difficulty will be a cheap car may well be rusty, and in my experience the finished product is rarely worth as much as you have spent on it - so it is usually cheaper to buy one someone else has worked (and spent thier cash) on. Sticking a GRP bodykit on a cheap car will just hide the structural rust. Are you up to rebuilding the structure - can you afford it? If its for the challenge - go for it.

nickscarpenter

Re: Sebring project

Post by nickscarpenter » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

I have a 79 BGT with a sebring conversion that I haven't yet gotten around to finishing off properly since I bought it, ideally it could do with a new passenger door and flattening off and repainting, its structurally sound and drives great

I have the photos from the previous owner who has done all the restoration works on it , for a sensible offer i wouldconsider getting rid of it to fund another Landrover rebuild :)
DSCF2292.JPG
DSCF2292.JPG (116.56 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG (107.58 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
IMG_0304.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG (168.5 KiB) Viewed 2236 times

Return to “MGB Roadster & MGB GT Forum”